Annual Statements and Reporting Procedures
Acquire the fundamentals of accounting to assume new tasks in the area of bookkeeping, and obtain basic knowledge regarding the topic "Preparation and analysis of annual statements".
The objective of the course is to learn the legal and business administration fundamentals of the cash-relevant balance sheet and income statement. After completing the course, you will among other things be able to:
- explain and define the goals and functions of the annual statements prepared for financial reporting purposes,
- understand and apply the aspects of accounting policies and statement analysis,
- understand the developments in the accounting field and follow them in the media in qualified manner, and explain the relationship between the commercial balance sheet and the balance sheet for tax purposes.
The course consists of 2 parts completed by a combined examination. The time requirement is 300 hours.
Course progression: 80% online/ 20% face-to-face meetings
80% of the continuing education course take place online – via the internet. You meet students with different occupational focuses and experiences. Group work via the Internet afford an intersectional excange.
Approximately 20% is allotted for face-to-face meetings, for example examinations, labs, and exercises. These take place on the weekends (Friday afternoon, Saturday, and Sunday).
- 2 x 8 hours (seminar)
- 4 hours written examination
This course can be regognised in a possible study programme with 10 credit points ECTS (if entrance qualifications are met).
The programme is offered by the oncampus GmbH, subcompany of the Lübeck University of Applied Sciences, Germany. Contact information can be found under the About us link.
- Submission of assignments
- Certificate of the Lübeck University of Applied Sciences
Course duration/ application deadlines:
- Summer term (15/03 – 30/09)
- Winter term (15/09 – 31/03)
- Time requirements approximately 300 hours including face-to-face meetings and assignments
- The application deadlines are February 15 (ST) and August 15 (WT), respectively
- 695 Euros
payable in 2 installments of 315 Euros plus 65 Euros examination fee
Costs for internet usage and travel costs to participate in face-to-face meetings are additional.
Please note the booking system is available in the German language only.
1. Fundamentals of annual statements
2. Aims and functions
2. Preparation of annual statements
3. Accounting regulations
3. Commercial balance sheet and balance sheet for tax purposes
4. Legal obligation to keep records/ definition of the term "merchant"
5. The balance sheet
5. Balance sheet recognition
6. Inventory and physical inventory counts
6. Balance sheet valuation